1. Never Sol – Roza
A beautiful music video to a beautiful new single from singer/songwriter/producer Never Sol – one of Prague’s best kept secrets. Be sure to check out more of her videos and performances by subscribing to her youtube channel here. Her past album ‘Under Quiet’ is available via streaming services. Stay tuned for the new album she’s currently working on in NYC.
2. Touch the Sound – A wonderful and informative documentary on Dame Evelyn Glennie, a legendary percussionist who happens to be deaf. She’ll change the way you think about sound.
3. Interview with music industry veteran Julie Greenwald (Chairwoman/COO of Atlantic Records) and Kelly Clarkson from the Music Business Association’s 2017 “Ladies Speak Out’ event- A great discussion with these two on their experiences and philosophies as they’ve developed their careers.
4. New Single from Colleen
If you are not familiar with Colleen please go through her entire catalog. It’s a wonderful progression of delicate, distorted baroque sample loops to small chamber arrangements to her recent ode to dub music made primarily with a viola de gamba. Her new single shows yet another stage in her exciting evolution.
5. New Single from Angel Haze
Angel Haze comes with a razor sharp flow on this newest single filled with lyrics celebrating spiritual self-empowerment. So excited for more.
7. Emel Mathlouthi – Her song Kelmti Horra (My Word Is Free) is regarded as the soundtrack to the Tunisian revolution of 2011. Get to know her via this NY Daily News article!
8. Composer Wang Jie recently composed an opera with the assistance, inspiration and voices of the women residing in Minnesota’s Shakopee Correctional Facility; check out an article on the opera here. Be sure to check out Wang’s website here.
9. Nidia Góngora – The Guardian did a great intro article about Nidia, the traditions of her Afro-Columbian music and her recent collab with Quantic.